Falling Through Ceilings

Because sometimes 140 characters on Twitter just isn't enough.

Saturday, 23 December 2006

IT'S CHRIIIIIIISSSTTTMAASSSSS (soon.)

Yes, I have a new layout thing. I don't care if you don't like it, I do.

And there's a reason for it, too - it's pretty obscure and weird (and I'm mainly using it as an excuse) - but it's a reason! You see, as a child I had this ridiculous (but erm cool) obsession with Lighthouses, I had a book called "The Lighthouse Keepers Lunch" which I read ALL the time, and I could still tell you what happens in it to this day. This obsession was the reason I made my parents trudge all over the place trying to find a lighthouse that I could go inside.. Every time we saw a lighthouse we had to go and knock on the door, unfortunately, there was usually nobody in. However one time they were showing people the inside of a lighthouse and I was delighted... That is, until we actually got inside and it was damp, smelly and dark - nothing like the actual house that featured in my much loved story book. And that kids, is how I first met the concept of 'Fantasy' ;) Even several years later, when I was in my late years of Primary School, the church that we went to was called the "Lighthouse Church" :D ...obviously that was nothing to do with me, but it was a pretty awesome coincidence all the same :)

And so the connection between Christmas and Lighthouses is.. um.. that they are both things that I like? :P Oh and the layout will go back to normal on the day after boxing day (if I remember)

I have bought all the presents and I have wrapped most of them too!

Have a good Christmas, everyone.

-Lindley xx

Labels: , , ,