I like to boogie on a saturday night..
Harry Potter.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I don't -really- know what to say.
I think that at some point I heard most of the story told through theories over the past two years, so none of it was hugely surprising. However I have probably read thousands of theories about it and I can't say I had any idea of which ones were right. If you haven't finished the book yet, go away.
Bits I loved-
- The Death-Eater Meeting was excellent. I remember reading the descriptions in the first chapter and smiling to myself. I'd always imagined the meetings to be a bit like this. You know, big fancy house, murder plotting, a dangling corpse. Perfect. And the mention of Andromeda (she's such an interesting character) Excellent.
- This leads me on nicely to my next point:We meet Andromeda and Ted Tonks! Wooo! They're brilliant. I love that Andromeda is a little bit of a Black. She has little delicate tables and an Aspidistra plant in her house and in book five Dora Tonks says that she's really good at packing (gets the socks to fold themselves and everything)
- Mrs. Weasley "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH". I'd always known that Molly had that wonderful side to her. She won't sit down and take it, she'll fight back. My personal theory is that Molly was a bit of a trouble-maker like the twins in her Hogwarts days, but being a mum has pushed that aside to make room for the kids. But every now and then she's pushed to the edge and the wand isn't just for washing up and stirring soup anymore.
- Snape is good. All those memories made so much sense, and I love how just before he died he asked Harry to look at him (so that he could see Lilys eyes) And Snape's Worst Memory brings on a whole new meaning!! There we were, thinking he was upset that the whole school saw his pants - but really it was because he called Lily a mudblood! Ahh I love how these books work.
- I liked how Harry insisted on digging Dobby a grave properly, instead of doing it by magic.
- Thank you, Jo, for keeping Draco alive. I wanted him to make it for some reason.
- Trelawney throwing crystal balls at the death eaters xD xD How awesome. Lavender would be proud.
- lol I loved when Fred and George took polyjuice potion and turned into Harry, then looked at each other and went "We're identical!" xD
- The talk between Harry and Dumbledore. I read it and was like YES DUMBLEDORE xDDD Although, I might need to read it again to figure out what the ugly baby/creature thing was. I really didn't get that, but it was probably because I was reading so fast. (you know how you read faster when the action in the book becomes more fast paced? Then you miss half the stuff that happens. It was like that)
- I love how Ron cheated on his driving test xD
- The final battle when so many people arrive. It just shows how loyal people were to Hogwarts (I was espcially happy when Oliver Wood turned up. He's awesome) I hope that they bring all the actors from old films in for this scene in the final film. Characters like Colin Creevey and Oliver Wood and Trelawney and Percy and maybe even throw in Gilderoy Lockhart or something. It'd be really cool to see all those familiar faces from the films coming together for the final one. And they could have Jo Rowling reading a narrative for the epilogue right at the end. lol I'm thinking too much about this xD
- The Ravenclaw Common room. Excellence. I love that you have to answer questions before you can get in.
- Kreacher being nice xD It was kinda awesome to see that side of him.
- Harry calling Voldemort 'Tom Riddle' - it was quite good to see his reaction to that.
- Narcissa asking if Draco was still alive when she was supposed to be checking Harry. In my opinion, she was faced by the drama of Andromeda marrying a muggleborn and being disowned by her family at a pretty young age and decided at the time that following Bellatrix was a much safer option but realised much later (once it was too late to escape like her sister) that she might have made a mistake. So I reckon she's completely terrified when Voldemort gets her husband locked up in Azkaban, gives her son a suicidal mission and then moves into her house, but she doesn't think that she can get out of it now without being killed so she just tries to roll along with it and keep her family as safe as possible without letting on that she's switched sides in her head. Can you tell that I just love these sisters so much? Blame Makani.
- George making jokes about losing his ear xD *snorts with laughter* I love those twins (why, Jo, why?)
- Dragonnnnn :] (for anyone that doesn't know: I love dragons lol)
Rest in Peace:
James Potter
Lily Potter
Professor Quirrel (he wasn't actually evil until he had Voldemorts face stuck on the back of his head)
Frank Bryce
Cedric Diggory
Sirius Black
Albus Dumbledore
Gellert Grindelwand
Hedwig
Alastor Moody
Peter Pettigrew
Scrimgeour (Minister of Magic)
Ted Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks
Remus Lupin
Fred Weasley
Dobby
George's Ear (poor ear)
Charity Burbage (Muggle Studies Teacher)
Colin Creevey
Random Muggles (duh)
Severus Snape
Vincent Crabbe
Fenrir Greyback
Bellatrix Lestrange (Good one, Mollywobbles xD)
Tom Riddle/Voldemort
Yeah I'll stop now. Night, everyone.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I don't -really- know what to say.
I think that at some point I heard most of the story told through theories over the past two years, so none of it was hugely surprising. However I have probably read thousands of theories about it and I can't say I had any idea of which ones were right. If you haven't finished the book yet, go away.
Bits I loved-
- The Death-Eater Meeting was excellent. I remember reading the descriptions in the first chapter and smiling to myself. I'd always imagined the meetings to be a bit like this. You know, big fancy house, murder plotting, a dangling corpse. Perfect. And the mention of Andromeda (she's such an interesting character) Excellent.
- This leads me on nicely to my next point:We meet Andromeda and Ted Tonks! Wooo! They're brilliant. I love that Andromeda is a little bit of a Black. She has little delicate tables and an Aspidistra plant in her house and in book five Dora Tonks says that she's really good at packing (gets the socks to fold themselves and everything)
- Mrs. Weasley "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH". I'd always known that Molly had that wonderful side to her. She won't sit down and take it, she'll fight back. My personal theory is that Molly was a bit of a trouble-maker like the twins in her Hogwarts days, but being a mum has pushed that aside to make room for the kids. But every now and then she's pushed to the edge and the wand isn't just for washing up and stirring soup anymore.
- Snape is good. All those memories made so much sense, and I love how just before he died he asked Harry to look at him (so that he could see Lilys eyes) And Snape's Worst Memory brings on a whole new meaning!! There we were, thinking he was upset that the whole school saw his pants - but really it was because he called Lily a mudblood! Ahh I love how these books work.
- I liked how Harry insisted on digging Dobby a grave properly, instead of doing it by magic.
- Thank you, Jo, for keeping Draco alive. I wanted him to make it for some reason.
- Trelawney throwing crystal balls at the death eaters xD xD How awesome. Lavender would be proud.
- lol I loved when Fred and George took polyjuice potion and turned into Harry, then looked at each other and went "We're identical!" xD
- The talk between Harry and Dumbledore. I read it and was like YES DUMBLEDORE xDDD Although, I might need to read it again to figure out what the ugly baby/creature thing was. I really didn't get that, but it was probably because I was reading so fast. (you know how you read faster when the action in the book becomes more fast paced? Then you miss half the stuff that happens. It was like that)
- I love how Ron cheated on his driving test xD
- The final battle when so many people arrive. It just shows how loyal people were to Hogwarts (I was espcially happy when Oliver Wood turned up. He's awesome) I hope that they bring all the actors from old films in for this scene in the final film. Characters like Colin Creevey and Oliver Wood and Trelawney and Percy and maybe even throw in Gilderoy Lockhart or something. It'd be really cool to see all those familiar faces from the films coming together for the final one. And they could have Jo Rowling reading a narrative for the epilogue right at the end. lol I'm thinking too much about this xD
- The Ravenclaw Common room. Excellence. I love that you have to answer questions before you can get in.
- Kreacher being nice xD It was kinda awesome to see that side of him.
- Harry calling Voldemort 'Tom Riddle' - it was quite good to see his reaction to that.
- Narcissa asking if Draco was still alive when she was supposed to be checking Harry. In my opinion, she was faced by the drama of Andromeda marrying a muggleborn and being disowned by her family at a pretty young age and decided at the time that following Bellatrix was a much safer option but realised much later (once it was too late to escape like her sister) that she might have made a mistake. So I reckon she's completely terrified when Voldemort gets her husband locked up in Azkaban, gives her son a suicidal mission and then moves into her house, but she doesn't think that she can get out of it now without being killed so she just tries to roll along with it and keep her family as safe as possible without letting on that she's switched sides in her head. Can you tell that I just love these sisters so much? Blame Makani.
- George making jokes about losing his ear xD *snorts with laughter* I love those twins (why, Jo, why?)
- Dragonnnnn :] (for anyone that doesn't know: I love dragons lol)
Rest in Peace:
James Potter
Lily Potter
Professor Quirrel (he wasn't actually evil until he had Voldemorts face stuck on the back of his head)
Frank Bryce
Cedric Diggory
Sirius Black
Albus Dumbledore
Gellert Grindelwand
Hedwig
Alastor Moody
Peter Pettigrew
Scrimgeour (Minister of Magic)
Ted Tonks
Nymphadora Tonks
Remus Lupin
Fred Weasley
Dobby
George's Ear (poor ear)
Charity Burbage (Muggle Studies Teacher)
Colin Creevey
Random Muggles (duh)
Severus Snape
Vincent Crabbe
Fenrir Greyback
Bellatrix Lestrange (Good one, Mollywobbles xD)
Tom Riddle/Voldemort
Yeah I'll stop now. Night, everyone.
Labels: brymore, glow club, Harry Potter, Mr Long Post
<< Home