Pinch, Punch..
Went to see Les Mis today :D
It was awesome.
Beyond awesome.
It was a tad depressing lol, but it was brilliant.
Don't tell my drama teachers that I went though :P They'll have me writing up notes about it ;)
Young Cosette and the little guy from the the barricades were really, really good. I really wasn't expecting anything much from them, seeing as they're just kids, but they really were incredible.
Nnnggghh. I can't even pick out the best bits for you lol, it was all good.
I, being me, was probably most fascinated by the technical side. They had a rotating stage, which they used all the way through. The barricades were awesome. You really had to pay attention to spot the scene changes too. Because the stage rotated, the backstage crew could set up the next scene in a dark/hidden part of the stage, so that when the next scene came up they could just spin it around and have it all already set up.
The revolution bit was awesome - you can just see these marching figures in the smoke, then someone at the back started waving a massive red flag.. I dunno, it doesn't sound even remotely impressive now that I'm writing it down lol but it really was good heh.
Still have not gotten the hang of all the French names. I can only remember Fantine, Cosette and Jean Valjean - And there one something like Javert? I dunno. I'm useless like that.
Ohh and Marius. Marius? I dunno xDD
It was really good though. Would recommend it to anyone.
But when we were just in the general area, we walked past the theatre where they're showing SPAMALOT xDD
Told my mum I wanted to go for my eighteenth ;)
It was awesome.
Beyond awesome.
It was a tad depressing lol, but it was brilliant.
Don't tell my drama teachers that I went though :P They'll have me writing up notes about it ;)
Young Cosette and the little guy from the the barricades were really, really good. I really wasn't expecting anything much from them, seeing as they're just kids, but they really were incredible.
Nnnggghh. I can't even pick out the best bits for you lol, it was all good.
I, being me, was probably most fascinated by the technical side. They had a rotating stage, which they used all the way through. The barricades were awesome. You really had to pay attention to spot the scene changes too. Because the stage rotated, the backstage crew could set up the next scene in a dark/hidden part of the stage, so that when the next scene came up they could just spin it around and have it all already set up.
The revolution bit was awesome - you can just see these marching figures in the smoke, then someone at the back started waving a massive red flag.. I dunno, it doesn't sound even remotely impressive now that I'm writing it down lol but it really was good heh.
Still have not gotten the hang of all the French names. I can only remember Fantine, Cosette and Jean Valjean - And there one something like Javert? I dunno. I'm useless like that.
Ohh and Marius. Marius? I dunno xDD
It was really good though. Would recommend it to anyone.
But when we were just in the general area, we walked past the theatre where they're showing SPAMALOT xDD
Told my mum I wanted to go for my eighteenth ;)
Labels: drama, les miserables, theatre
<< Home