I ain't got a motorboat, but I can float your boat
Mmm. Slightly sleazy title. A good start, I think.
So this morning they released the stories that the professional writers wrote for the Waterstone's "What's Your Story" contest. Obviously I poured over the Jo Rowling entry & after some reading issues (she really should try harder with her handwriting :P) I eventually got the story, which is a lot better when you're not pausing to go "is that a g or a j?!. It was too short though ;)
Once I got over that though, I explored a couple of the other stories on the list, my two favourites being Neil Gaiman's (which is quite clever for such a short story) and Lauren Child's - which is HILARIOUS! I relate to it completely, lol! I decided not to read the ones which had difficult handwriting, simply because I think it takes away from the story itself if you have trouble reading it, despite the charming overall effect. I haven't looked at them all though, will probably do that some other time.
So this morning they released the stories that the professional writers wrote for the Waterstone's "What's Your Story" contest. Obviously I poured over the Jo Rowling entry & after some reading issues (she really should try harder with her handwriting :P) I eventually got the story, which is a lot better when you're not pausing to go "is that a g or a j?!. It was too short though ;)
Once I got over that though, I explored a couple of the other stories on the list, my two favourites being Neil Gaiman's (which is quite clever for such a short story) and Lauren Child's - which is HILARIOUS! I relate to it completely, lol! I decided not to read the ones which had difficult handwriting, simply because I think it takes away from the story itself if you have trouble reading it, despite the charming overall effect. I haven't looked at them all though, will probably do that some other time.
Labels: books, Harry Potter
<< Home