So today I finished reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
For the first half of the book (about 150 pages) I was feeling a lot like this:
But I'll confess that the second half of the book was actually not too bad. Maybe I was just more in the mood for it. The book's main flaw is that there seems to be no real reason for Darcy to like Lizzy at all. He mentions that he likes her eyes and the next moment it's all "Marry me!"
Also, Jane, naming a character after yourself then describing her as the really beautiful one is not doing anything for your vanity. Just sayinngg..
I actually only read the book in the first place becuase I decided a long time ago that I would make some kind of attempt to read some of the stuff that might come in handy next year. To do a Literature degree without reading P&P seemed a bit bad. So I've done it! (It took me about a week of perseverance lol)
But seeing as I was in the mood I decided to watch the film as well. The Keira Knightley one.
She is not Elizabeth Bennet. Sorry :/ The "Mrs Darcy" bit at the end made me want to be sick.
In other newz - I went to see a play today! It was a comedy about Moby Dick. My mum can only describe it as "ridiculous", and I, being in the mood for such phrases, can only describe it as "utterly nonsensical".
It was really good though haha :P (the mermaid was a tad freaky though. I just kept thinking "I'm ooolddd Grreeeggg")
For the first half of the book (about 150 pages) I was feeling a lot like this:
Also, Jane, naming a character after yourself then describing her as the really beautiful one is not doing anything for your vanity. Just sayinngg..
I actually only read the book in the first place becuase I decided a long time ago that I would make some kind of attempt to read some of the stuff that might come in handy next year. To do a Literature degree without reading P&P seemed a bit bad. So I've done it! (It took me about a week of perseverance lol)
But seeing as I was in the mood I decided to watch the film as well. The Keira Knightley one.
She is not Elizabeth Bennet. Sorry :/ The "Mrs Darcy" bit at the end made me want to be sick.
In other newz - I went to see a play today! It was a comedy about Moby Dick. My mum can only describe it as "ridiculous", and I, being in the mood for such phrases, can only describe it as "utterly nonsensical".
It was really good though haha :P (the mermaid was a tad freaky though. I just kept thinking "I'm ooolddd Grreeeggg")
Labels: books, English Literature, mighty boosh, Reading, theatre
<< Home