Ranting again? Must be a pointless holiday.
New Years Celebrations are a load of nonsense.
Nobody actually cares what the date is - it will only matter in fifty years or so when I'm old and will be telling children about how it was all wonderful in the old days. I can hear myself already..
"In those golden summers of '09 we all used to go to the Ikea restaurant and get cheap food together while looking out over the dismal grey city.. Oh you could never imagine the simple pleasures of those days, little Jim."
Then again, it wouldn't matter what year I said because they probably won't be listening anyway.
The number of years since we switched to A.D. rarely has an effect on our daily lives, and we all know it. Reaching the year 2000 was a bit of a novelty perhaps, but 2010 is surely nothing special.
Anyway I hope that the next 10 years are roughly as good as the last 10 were.
Nobody actually cares what the date is - it will only matter in fifty years or so when I'm old and will be telling children about how it was all wonderful in the old days. I can hear myself already..
"In those golden summers of '09 we all used to go to the Ikea restaurant and get cheap food together while looking out over the dismal grey city.. Oh you could never imagine the simple pleasures of those days, little Jim."
Then again, it wouldn't matter what year I said because they probably won't be listening anyway.
The number of years since we switched to A.D. rarely has an effect on our daily lives, and we all know it. Reaching the year 2000 was a bit of a novelty perhaps, but 2010 is surely nothing special.
Anyway I hope that the next 10 years are roughly as good as the last 10 were.
<< Home