Dana noww, dana noww, dada!
I often wonder, being the crazy person that I am, how I would be described or portrayed in a book or film if the very moment I was living was one of the scenes. I usually imagine it to be an opening scene, because my life is so boring that the only time it would be considered interesting enough to be remembered would be if something mental was just about to happen & I was just completely unaware.
When I'm thinking in books terms, I look around the room and decide which things would be described. The open local newspaper with a hammer lying on it, or the tea stained shopping list, or the empty jar of cooking sauce waiting to be washed up and recycled. How would they describe me? A spotty teenage girl? A young brown haired creature with a strange frowny twitch? Or perhaps it would be one of those weird abstract writers who goes on for pages about my knees or something without revealing my age, location or gender.
Or there's films. What sort of music would be playing? Something like this? Or more like this? Or maybe we're talking something more along the lines of this (more likely, perhaps). And what would the genre be? Ahhh I love thinking about it, which I suppose is why it so often features in my thoughts.
Then of course there's the times when I slide around the walls of our normal terraced house, humming tense music and pretending that I'm some kind of spy in a big country house, trying not to get caught by the old but evil professor who lives there.
I probably shouldn't tell you these things.
PS. I just discovered that I've had quite a lot more pageviews than I thought I did. I recently installed a stat-tracker thing to see who was reading this, and I was quite surprised! Hello everyone x
When I'm thinking in books terms, I look around the room and decide which things would be described. The open local newspaper with a hammer lying on it, or the tea stained shopping list, or the empty jar of cooking sauce waiting to be washed up and recycled. How would they describe me? A spotty teenage girl? A young brown haired creature with a strange frowny twitch? Or perhaps it would be one of those weird abstract writers who goes on for pages about my knees or something without revealing my age, location or gender.
Or there's films. What sort of music would be playing? Something like this? Or more like this? Or maybe we're talking something more along the lines of this (more likely, perhaps). And what would the genre be? Ahhh I love thinking about it, which I suppose is why it so often features in my thoughts.
Then of course there's the times when I slide around the walls of our normal terraced house, humming tense music and pretending that I'm some kind of spy in a big country house, trying not to get caught by the old but evil professor who lives there.
I probably shouldn't tell you these things.
PS. I just discovered that I've had quite a lot more pageviews than I thought I did. I recently installed a stat-tracker thing to see who was reading this, and I was quite surprised! Hello everyone x
<< Home