Falling Through Ceilings

Because sometimes 140 characters on Twitter just isn't enough.

Sunday, 13 January 2008

illness

I thought you might like to see how I'm doing. Uhh literally.

I'm still feeling poorly (and playing on Corel Photo-Paint) buutt I took I took some fun photos of my environment, seeing as I took nearly all the photos off this blog.

Lookie:

Oh-so-pleasant bin full of tissues! Hahha. You know you wanted to see that. There are also bits of Christmas in there that I forgot to throw away.
This is what my hair looks like when I don't attack it with straighteners. Now you know why I get up so early lol.
Harry the Hot Water Bottle! - the actual hot water bottle is hidden inside lol.
I dressed up Marvin... As a Grandma... I dunno, they get ill too, right?
Cosy slippers! :D So stylish lol.And finally, my super marvelous exciting amazing hot chocolate!

With a very, very secret recipe. BUT I'M GOING TO TELL YOU ANYWAY BECAUSE I AM NICE.

With bullet points. I can tell you're on the edge of your seat.

  • First, get a mug. I am using a rather brilliant Piglet mug that my mum bought yesterday.
  • Stick the kettle on. Make sure there is enough water in it first. (You can probably do this recipe with milk, if you are not fond of using water. Being a picky person myself, I don't mind if you break that rule)
  • Find some marshmallows (or buy some especially for the occasion) and chuck about four in (Hey! You're ill! You have to be generous. It's the law.)
  • Dig around your cupboards for some Golden Syrup. This is the key bit that I made up BY MYSELF. Measure about two spoonfuls in, or just tip the tin in and guess. You might as well. You're ill.
  • Get some hot chocolate powder. Make sure it's not a completely useless brand like Smart Price or something. That's a waste of golden syrup. Get something good like Cadburys or Galaxy. Or whatever. I use the FairTrade stuff, which is very tasty and is kind to farmer people. Or something. Stick in as much as you feel is necessary. Nobody will judge you for putting in more than the recommended amount in (especially if there's nobody else in the kitchen)
  • Tip some sugar in. Remember you've already got the golden syrup in there, and whatever sweeteners came with the hot chocolate powder. But why not, you're ill! I stick in about two teaspoonfuls.
  • By this time, there should be just enough time to pour in some cold milk. You should remember that this will affect the temperature of the drink, but there are extra steps you can take to make sure that bit's perfect.
  • Pour in your hot water and stir to your hearts content!
  • Leave standing/keep stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted. Otherwise they're pointless lol.

Labels: , ,