Falling Through Ceilings

Because sometimes 140 characters on Twitter just isn't enough.

Thursday, 25 September 2008

Pirates Four?

Plans for a fourth pirates of the caribbean film recently came to my attention (yes, I get my news from CBBC Newsround..)

Another PotC film? Are they going bonkers? The third one wasn't as bad as people say, but it really wasn't good enough to be getting more sequels, surely! I'm also feeling slightly let down by Mr. Depp, who despite his usual claims of freedom and artistry seems to be tying the everlasting knot of "oh, that's that pirate bloke!" and "isn't he that one what had dreadlocks and eyeliner?"

After all the diverse and different films that he's made over the years, surely he isn't really doing a fourth film with exactly the same character. It can't be just for the money, as Depp is fortunate enough to be perfectly wealthly (to the extent that he has somehow purchased an entire island, an accomplishment that I did not know was possible until he managed it). I can't imagine that it is for love of working with his fellow actors either, for despite their pretty faces and lovely personalities, Knightley and Bloom hardly match up to his level of acting ability.

I'll probably still pay to go and see it though. Even if I'm just going with some equally silly fangirl and we just natter about how pretty he is for the whole film.

Labels: ,