Falling Through Ceilings

Because sometimes 140 characters on Twitter just isn't enough.

Saturday, 26 December 2009

Facebook.

Today I'd like to talk about something serious and important. It is a crime that many, many commit every day without even thinking about it. I personally feel like a victim of this crime and I truly believe that if shown the error of their ways, most of these criminals would realise what they are doing and stop without a moments hesitation.

The joining of groups and fan pages is slowly turning Facebook into world of monotony and drudge. Every time I go on, it looks a lot like THIS.

It's driving me mental. I miss terribly being able to go on and find out how my actual friends are doing. I don't go on because I want to know which of the randoms that I'm friends with are fans of Texting or even worse, something like this:

Saying " It's ok " but secretly knowing it's killing you inside

How can you even be a fan of that?! (at least 5 of my friends are, and ONE MILLION OTHER ACTUAL PEOPLE OH MY FACE)

Each dreary page is as dull as the last, with a profile picture pulled straight from Google images in the hopes of drawing out a flat smile from the blank faces of the plebs who join.

But I really want to know is, why do people join? Surely the idea is that you join the pages of a few musicians and TV shows, so that if your newer acquaintances want to know a bit more about you, they can have a quick look at the list on your profile and learn a bit about your tastes in entertainment. Instead they are now just met with a lengthy characterless list of groups and pages which are notable only in that 60,000 other people have also joined. Why would anyone want to be defined by something that so many other people are thoughtlessly claiming at the same time?

I do still like Facebook, but it's just like nobody else is at all frustrated by it. Readers, I know that you're doing it and I will get you. Some day, somewhere. Maybe even while you're sleeping.


...Hope you had a good Christmas lol.

Labels: ,