
So it's Wednesday, and I suddenly decided that I felt like painting. And so a star was born. Hahha.

Water colourrss :)

When given time, paper, and something to draw with, I can go on for hours just playing lol. I think that this is what happened.

"Ooh!" Thought Katrina, "I could use felt tips!" And so, little bits of detail appeared.

And continued to appear.

Then I found some coloured pencils lurking under my chair.. so I did a background..

And then, BAM! The Oil Pastels were discovered, rejoiced over, and quickly put into motion.

Random, colourful lines appeared, taking the spotlight away from the star slightly.

The star was not impressed..

Lines were tidied up, and I went to get a drink.

Lots more was tidied up. All the paint was nearly covered up now. It was like Oil Pastel city...

...Until I went at it with a bit of plastic and scraped a load of it off. Muahaha.

Ooh more little details put in with a thick pencil.. A 6B apparently. Also, Art Law was broken as I painted watercolours over oil pastels. Wasn't expecting it to work, and it took a fair bit of patience, but you can see that bright yellow line so I win. Against Art. Muahha.

Decided that the background was too busy, so I went over it in white oil pastel.

If you can see a difference between this and the last shot, let me know. Because I can't. I did put hairspray on it at this point, to stop all the smudging, but a photo won't show that lol.

With it being hairsprayed, I could draw white lines without them getting all smudged with the other colours, so I did some outlines. Aaand I slapped on a bit of glitter. My floor is a little bit glittery now..

And theeen I found some old (mostly dried up) acrylic paints, some of which were still usable (just) - mainly the orange, because it's one that I've never been all that keen on to be honest (orange being pretty much my least favourite colour and all that). I should probably leave it there lol. Especially as it'll probably get chucked in the bin within a month hahha. Good to use up my old art stuff though, instead of letting it rot away.
So there you are, kids, that's about as close as you're likely to get to seeing me spend so long on something like this. I'm sure you've learnt lots about.. um.. hairspray and er, how not to draw?
Hahah. Just remember, art is all good until you've got a screaming Scottish woman appearing behind you and demanding to know why you haven't done your homework. End of story.
ETA:
Tuneage.ETA2: Hahha my mum wants my picture. Success! :D
Labels: art, random crap
<< Home